THIS MAY WE GATHERIN' IN ST. JOHN
CELEBRATE OUR COMMUNITIES
- John’s Parish Church is the first Church of St. John that is presumed to have been a simple wooden building.
- The parish was carved out in 1640-1641
- Successive Churches in St. John were badly damaged by the hurricane in 1675, the Great Hurricane of 1780 and finally destroyed by the Great Hurricane of Barbados of 1831.
- The present church building (the fifth) was built in 1836 and the chancel was added in 1876.
- The parish is home to many districts like Ashford and Kendal
- In its southern corner the shoreline turns northward forming the small Conset Bay.